Joy Javits comes
from a family steeped in public service. Her father, Jacob K. Javits, was a United
States Senator from New York and an extraordinary public speaker. Ms. Javits then developed her deep understanding of public speaking while
a student at Brown University, a teacher at Yale University, and a
Lecturer at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.
Years of work in New York's professional theater, at Duke University Medical Center and UNC Hospitals (where she continues to coordinate cultural programs), and with the government as Chairman of the Orange County Arts Commission have brought Joy Javits to her current service for those in the public eye.
- Founder, In the Public Eye, Effective Communication
- Founder/Coordinator, DooR to DooR Hospital Arts Program
- University of North Carolina Hospitals, Simulated Patient Program
- Duke University Medical Center Cultural Services Program,
Standardized Patient Program
- Chairman, Orange County Arts Commission
- Lecturer, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- Teacher, Yale University
- Broadway and Regional Theater Choreographer
- Bachelor of Arts, Brown University